Skip to main content
- All complaints are received and recorded at the complaints-handling desk. Complaints are received via a dedicated email address ( firstname.lastname@example.org); the Customer Feedback Form (PC/CA/FM/001) available at our Reception or telephone lines (+254 202 212 311/0731 758 970/0700 315 311).
- Written complaints can also be sent directly to the ED/CEO or the Commission Chairman.
- The ED/CEO then forwards complaints sent to him to the Complaints Desk, while those sent to the Chairman are also forwarded to the Complaints Desk via the ED/CEO;
- Complaints can also be lodged anonymously using any of the above channels.
- The Complaints Handling Officer acknowledges receipt of the complaint within 24 hours if the complainant has provided a contact address;
- The Complaints Handling Officer reviews the complaints to, among other things, determine the complainant and the applicability of the complaint to the mandate of the Commission;
- The Complaints Handling Officer will submit a report on complaints that fall within the mandate of the Commission to the ED/CEO with a recommendation on how they should be handled. Complaints outside the mandate of the Commission will be filed in the Complaints File and the complainant will be advised to seek redress from the relevant Institution;
- If the ED/CEO approves, action is taken otherwise the ED/CEO refers it back to the Complaints Handling Officer with comments and the Clause above applies;
- Once action is taken the Complaints Handling Officer informs the complainant of the action taken to resolve the matter, unless the complaint was reported anonymously; and
- A record of the complaint and action taken is recorded in the Complaints Register and filed in the Complaints File and a report is made to the Commission on Administrative Justice on a quarterly basis using the prescribed format.